Visiting Students | Rutgers University

Visiting Student Registration Form

Will you be home for winter break? Looking to enhance your career? Take advantage of Rutgers exceptional academic reputation. 

Non-Rutgers students do not need to go through Admissions in order to attend Winter Session. Beginning on September 30, visiting students can submit a registration inquiry form available below or here, to begin the process that will grant a visiting student access to Rutgers registration systems. If you are new to Rutgers, please click Get Started to create an account within the portal. Once your account is created, please complete and submit the Winter Session 2020 Visiting Student Registration Form. In 2-3 business days, students will receive an email with registration instructions. Notifications will go to the email provided when creating your account. Transcripts or letters of approval are not required. 

Late Registration 

During Late Registration Period:

Students who have not completed registration by the dates specified in the Winter Session Registration Calendar may register online or in person at the Office of the Registrar during the Late Registration Period. Students who register and pay their winter term bill during the late registration period will be automatically assessed a $125.00 late fee.

After Start of Session:

Students who have not completed their registration or paid their term bill by the start of the session may submit a Late Registration Form through the Summer & Winter Session's Application Portal. Registration is contingent upon instructor approval. The Office of Summer & Winter Sessions will request that approval on your behalf. All status updates and messaging will be through the Application Portal. If a late registration request is approved, students must pay their term bill immediately.


All students must complete the RUHere process for Winter Session 2020. RUHere will run online from December 9, 2019 – January 3, 2020. Students not completing the RUHere process by the end of the business day (4:30 pm) on January 3, 2020 will be dropped from their Winter Session course(s). 

For more information regarding the RUHere process, visit to learn more. 

Transferring Credits 

All students visiting from another institution should consult with their home school or university prior to registering for a course to confirm that credits are transferable.

Enrolling in a Winter Session course does not guarantee that you may take Fall or Spring semester courses as a non-matriculating student, nor does enrollment in Winter Session constitute admission to Rutgers University. To apply for a degree program at Rutgers, please contact the Office of Admissions, 973-353-5205.

Undergraduate and Graduate Courses

Non-RU students registering for graduate courses must obtain the approval of the graduate director of the department offering the course before registration. Students interested in law courses should contact the Rutgers Law School, students interested in Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences should contact the RBHS Registrar, and students interested in MBA courses should contact the Rutgers Business School.

Non-RU students interested in taking undergraduate courses offered through the Rutgers Business School should contact the Office of Undergraduate Student & Academic Services.

Official Audit

A Non-RU student may audit a course by entering an "N" in the "Credit Hour Prefix" column on the registration form. The student is expected to complete all the course work, except the final exam, and will be graded "S" or "U". The course and grade appear on the student's transcript. Students opting for audit registration must choose this option prior to the beginning of the course and may not change audit status once the course has begun. This option is available to Non-RU students only, and those students are still required to pay the regular tuition and student fees.

Students Seeking Re-Enrollment

Students who were previously undergraduates working towards a degree and who wish to return to Rutgers should submit the online re-enrollment application.

Graduate students seeking re-enrollment should contact the school that offers the degree they were working towards. 

Back to Top
Back to Top